Today’s world is not the same as in the past. People’s physical health has become the most concerned topic in the world. In nearly half of developed countries, 50 percent of people are obese or overweight. With obesity, diabetes and heart disease on the rise, now is the time to take control of your health, fitness and well-being. Cycling can be fun, low impact, inexpensive and helps improve health while controlling weight. So this sport is gradually becoming popular.
There are studies which suggest that cycling can improve mental abilities and a more positive attitude. So, in order to help you get into cycling, some professional guys provide some tips:
1. Make sure your bike fits: Finding the right bike fit is important for a comfortable ride.
2. Know your limits: If you can’t keep a smooth pedal stroke or you aren’t able to talk or take a full breath, slow down.
3. Cross-train for strength: Expert suggests adding lower body exercises such as single leg squats, lunges, jumping rope and running to build strength and power for cycling.
4. Eat for optimal energy: Professional cyclist Jade Wilcoxson knows firsthand the health benefits of cycling. Just five years ago, she was diagnosed as prediabetic. Jade took up cycling and quickly learned she had a talent for racing. To feel her best, Jade recommends a diet high in protein, fruits and vegetables.
5. Prepare nutritionally for a long ride: Rigorous rides lasting more than two hours, your body will need about 250 to 300 calories every 45 minutes to an hour. Sports gels or small snacks that incorporate lean protein and carbohydrates can be smart choices.
6. Enjoy it: This the main reason to cycling. The best thing about it is that just about anyone can do it, at any level, and still have fun. You control how hard or easy your workout is. Just enjoy it as a dreamy travel.